In modern times, the use of drones has become quite prominent. While we know most of them are used by hobbyists, there are others for more practical uses. There is this talk about how drones might be integrated into our lives – like making deliveries to our homes – but truthfully, we have a long way to go before we get there. However, drones can still be used in other things relating to work – like in real estate. Drones for real estate! Not the set of words you would ever expect to see in the same sentence, right? How could these buzzing toys possibly be useful in the realm of reality? – You might ask! Well, drones are capable of capturing high-quality aerial views of specific things from completely new angles. And so, as a realtor, you can capture a bird’s eye view of the property you want to sell, and you are able to get creative close-ups and positions that are quite helpful when showcasing it. In a literal sense, the drones take your video/photography to a whole new level.
Knowing the right drone to buy is very crucial, and with so many of them in the market, it is very easy to get confused. Don’t worry though, as we have done the groundwork for you. So according to buybestquadcopter.com, the following are the top 10 best drones for real estate photography:
- Hubsan Zino – when it comes to the drone game, Hubsan has been fairly consistent, with its stellar models H501S and H109S leading the charge. However though, it is their newest model – Hubsan Zino – that’s bringing forth even better technology, with super powerful hardware, and comes at a competitive price point. The drone has a fully-fledged 4K camera alongside hardware stabilization that guarantees extra sharp images no matter the conditions. Among other strengths, Zino features a wide array of smart capturing abilities like image tracking, orbiting, and panorama, all of which make it a great aerial photography drone ideal for real estate photography.
- Upair Two – this drone delivers a unique aerial photography solution with its three sensors – one 3D, the second 4K, and the third 16 megapixels. Apart from its hardware stabilization, the drone carries a few other camera-centric features that made it qualify to be on this list. Also, it has a powerful motor and a large battery that enables it to fly for up to 25 minutes and for longer distances, making it the perfect drone to be used by realtors. Love it or hate it, but this drone is up to something.
- DJI Phantom 4 Pro – DJI is known for its awesome drones with a fantastic array of features, and their Phantom 4 Pro isn’t left behind as it’s certainly a magnificent model. The drone is capable of flying for 7 km, which means that you can use it to take clear aerial property shots. And with its 20 MP mounted camera that can operate at apertures of between f/2.8 – f/11, plus its ability to shoot in burst mode, if you wish to take multiple quick shots, and a bracketing mode to create HDR composites, you can see why it’s such a preferred choice to many realtors. It’s simply one of the best.
- DJI Mavic mini – the camera in this drone is what makes it stand out! Obviously, the camera quality in a drone is super important, especially if that drone is to be used for commercial work like in real estate businesses. The Mavic mini possesses a sensor that shoots footage in 2.7K that gives super clear images. Yes, it might not be 4K, but in its price range, this is more than exceptional. It also has intuitive editing capabilities, allowing you to turn your aerial video into a work of art to put into your property listings.
- Parrot Bebop 2 Adventurer – this is an entry-level drone that’s foldable, making it easy to move and transport. With an effective flying range of about 2km and a battery life of 25 minutes, the Bebop 2 adventurer presents you with great efficiency and flexibility when taking property photos. Furthermore, it is one of the quietest drones in the market, which means that you won’t have to worry about disrupting neighbors when flying it. Lastly, the drone comes with VR goggles that give you a great deal of control.
- Autel Robotics EVO – camera-wise, this drone packs a powerful camera mounted on a 3-axis gimbal. The gimbal operates really well, and it also stabilizes your footage easily without draining the battery too much. The drone features potent brushless motors, precise navigational systems, and comprehensive failsafe systems, which guarantee the drone’s safety no matter the occasion. It also offers a flight distance of 7 KM, and that includes live stream range and operating range, both of which are super important to realtors.
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro – compared to all the other drones, the Mavic 2 Pro is a bit pricey, and there is a reason as to why that is. See, this drone does everything a tad bit better than all the other drones. For instance, it packs a super-powerful 1-inch Hasselblad sensor, featuring 20mp HDR 4K capabilities. It can record 4K HDR videos at 60 frames per second. And apart from the smoothest flight ever, expect a ton of safety and camera-centric features. And with its 8 km operation range plus 30 minutes of flight time, it can’t get any better for real estate agents.
- DJI Mavic AIR – the drone boasts a fully stabilized (3-axis gimbal) 4K camera, capable of recording amazing aerial footage. The pictures or videos are colorful and super clear. What’s more, the drone features forward and backward obstacle avoidance, failsafe, GPS, return to home, not to mention several other camera-centric features. To real estate agents, this drone represents the perfect price/performance ratio in the market today.
- 3DR Solo – looking for a flexible drone, and one that gives you the ability to upgrade your camera whenever you want, then the 3DR should be your drone. It doesn’t have a mounted camera but comes with a mount where you can attach your GoPro camera. In addition, the drone’s design is pretty much durable and looks extremely well built, featuring an amazing array of varying flight modes that are ideal for real estate photography. And when you include an 8 km operational range plus 25 minutes of flight time, you will for sure take awesome aerial shots of the property.
- Yuneec Typhoon H Pro – this drone simply looks amazing, with a 360-degree vision camera that’s mounted underneath on the 3 axis that gives you superb control and movement. It has a 12-megapixel camera that still offers quality video and images. One thing that makes this drone so unique is the array of controls and features that makes piloting it a truly fantastic experience. It has sonar collision prevention that makes it stop immediately comes close to an object, which means that you won’t have to worry about crashing into objects during the flight. What’s more, for quality aerial photography, the drone comes with a point of interest mode that allows it to circle the property perfectly. The Typhoon H Pro is really designed for commercial use and it will for sure make your real estate photography stands out.
To sum it up, no one ever thought that drones would ever be used in an industry such as real estate. But now that they are, they are an almost seamless fit. However, as a realtor, your success in using a drone depends on the one you buy. So, you need to choose wisely!