The advantages of investing in Malta are myriad and include a broad and comprehensive package of incentives. However, Malta offers more than financial incentives to foreign investors; it offers a complete environment that is conducive to business & pleasure. There is the island’s location in the Mediterranean, its excellent air and shipping facilities, a highly-educated and skilled workforce, a proactive business environment, and English as the business language, which have all made Malta a location of choice for foreign direct investment and international trade.
Why Invest in Malta?
- Malta is the most populated island in the world (per capita), with land becoming a scarcity, property prices are sure to stay on the increase.
- Malta can boast of a high standard of education and there are highly qualified specialist professionals from all fields.
- The Permanent Residency Scheme can offer foreign investors a 15% flat income tax rate.
- Malta has all the advantages of an EU jurisdiction (including EU regulatory framework, Euro as a currency etc) but with a comparatively low cost base.
- English and Maltese are the official languages but Italian and French are widely spoken. Some Maltese are also able to understand or speak Spanish, German or Arabic.
- Malta has a robust yet flexible legal and regulatory framework, with all company law and regulations published in English.
- Professional Investor Funds are exempt from Maltese capital gains and income taxes, so non-resident investors do not have to pay income tax in Malta.
- The Islands are a feast for the senses. Everywhere you go, a unique historic sight awaits. Temples, palaces, cathedrals, and forts provide a living history you can almost touch.
- A base for international operations: a well-trained, motivated workforce; a low-cost environment, an efficient tax regime, backed up by over forty double taxation agreements, a world-class ICT infrastructure, a fast growing financial services sector. English as an official language, an enviable climate and a strategic location.